Frequently asked questions
Dangerous goods, as defined by the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (TDGR), are non-mailable matter.
Currently the only Canadian courier that allows you to ship dangerous goods on Machool is Purolator, provided that you have a certified Dangerous Goods Specialist within your company, and that you are shipping an accepted commodity.
You may ship dangerous and hazardous materials by selecting “Dangerous Goods” in the service options:
We recommend that you check with your courier on their requirements for shipping any materials that require special labeling or handling. These shipments may need additional forms or labels that must be created outside of Machool.
Generally, non-mailable matter means any mail that:
- Is prohibited by law (for example, illegal items, obscene material, or items that may not be imported or sent by mail)
- Fails to meet certain physical characteristics or marking requirements
- Contains products or substances that could cause:
- Injury to those handling the mail
- Damage to postal equipment or other items
- Entrapment of other items
- Contains sexually explicit material unless you send it in an opaque envelope with the words “ADULT MATERIAL” or similar wording. Solicited Publications Mail™ items only need opaque wrapping.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that an item is acceptable for mailing. For more information please consult the Non-mailable Matter Regulations under the Canada Post Corporation Act.
Once you have created your order and printed your label go to Manage → Pickups. Then choose your service provider from the drop-down list and complete all the required fields to schedule your pickup.
To modify your pickup go to Manage → Pickups, select the provider you shipped with and click on Modify Pickup. Make your changes and complete by clicking on Modify Pickup.
Once your shipment has been picked up or dropped off, go to Manage → Shipments → find your shipment and click on the tracking number.
To reprint a label, go to Manage > Shipments. Then find the shipment by selecting the service provider from the drop-down list and entering the date for the shipment. Once you have found the shipment you can reprint the label by selecting “Shipping label” within the actions menu.
If shipments have not been dropped off to a facility or picked up by a service provider, go to Manage → Shipments. Then find the shipment by selecting the service provider from the drop-down list and enter the date for the shipment. Once you have found the shipment you can cancel it by selecting “Cancel shipment” within the actions menu.