2. NOTE TO RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect Personal Information about every shipment tendered to Machool so that we can provide our customers with the transportation and information services necessary to make shipping convenient and bill our customers accurately for the products and services we provide to them. Examples of the Personal Information we collect in relation to shipments include:
- contact information (such as name, address, e-mail address and personal telephone number);
- proof of identity (such as signature and government-issued photo identification); and
- financial and billing information, such as credit card information.
- provide customers with timely and reliable products and services, including the pick-up and delivery of shipments, the performance of logistics services and communication with our customers about the status of their shipments;
- bill our customers for the products and services we provide them, the authentication of their identities and the production of detailed invoices that help them verify the charges billed to them;
- establish, maintain and develop relationships with our customers, including the management of their accounts with Machool;
- develop, promote and manage our products and services, including the completion of market studies and the communication of new products and services, special offers, promotions and service tips;
- develop robust data to be used for the analytics tools offered by Machool; and
- assist law enforcement agencies, collect debts owed to Machool, protect Machool’s business interests (including enforcing Machool’s Terms and Conditions of Service) and generally meet requirements imposed by law.
4. WHEN WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
5. HOW WE OBTAIN CONSENT
The form of consent we obtain from an individual or a company, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the reasonable expectations of the individual or company in the circumstances. We will not, as a condition of the supply of our products and services, require any individual or company to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of his or her Personal Information beyond what is required to fulfill the purposes described above or otherwise described at the time consent is sought. When a customer provides us with Personal Information relating to an individual or company other than themselves (such as the intended recipient of a shipment), we rely on the customer who is providing us with the Personal Information to obtain that individual or company’s consent to our collection, use and disclosure of their Personal Information in the circumstances described above.
6. YOUR RIGHTS RELATING TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you are asked to provide or have provided us with consent to process your Personal Data, you can deny or withdraw your consent at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to any legal or contractual requirements. However, if consent is denied or withdrawn, we may not be able to provide you with portions of the Service. In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and related information (for example, why we process your Personal Data).
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you. To limit or stop the processing of your Personal Data.
- To data portability – that is, to request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it to another entity.
7. WITHDRAWING CONSENT
Anyone may withdraw consent to Machool’s further use, retention or disclosure of their Personal Information at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Consent may be withdrawn by contacting Machool at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will inform the person who is withdrawing his or her consent of the implications of doing so.
8. PAYMENT INFORMATION
A cookie is a small file containing information that a website creates when you visit it. A cookie can track how and when someone uses a website and/or other websites which they visited and can store that information. There are two common types of cookies: “session cookies” and “persistent cookies”. Session cookies store information only for the length of time that someone is connected to a website — they are not written onto the person’s hard drive. Once the person leaves the website, the originator of the cookie no longer has the information that was contained on it. We use session cookies as an additional security feature. When our customers log on to our websites and are authenticated through their User ID and password, a cookie will store the identification number of their browser. Throughout their session, the session cookie acts as a type of digital signature to identify our customer’s current session to the web server. The web server will monitor our customer’s browser number to ensure that, at all times during the session, we are dealing with our customer. We also use session cookies to track our customers’ visits to our website. We use that information to determine the type of information that our customers are looking for on our website and to improve our website. We use information about the site our customers visited immediately prior to our site to assess the viability of links to our site that we have created on third party sites. The information stored in “persistent cookies” is written onto our customer’s hard drive and remains there until the expiry date of the cookie. From time to time, we use persistent cookies to store non-sensitive Personal Information. Currently, most browsers do not distinguish between session cookies and persistent cookies. For our websites to operate, our customer’s browser must be set to accept cookies. If a customer is concerned about having his or her browser enabled to accept cookies while he or she is surfing other websites, we recommend that his or her browser be set to notify him or her when it is receiving a cookie. This gives the customer the ability to accept or reject cookies presented by the web server he or she is visiting. We suggest contacting the browser’s programmer on how to do this. We may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. Usage Data and cookies data is typically anonymous technical information. We will not attempt to link or match such anonymous technical information with any Personal Data unless we have consent, we (or our Service Providers) have detected or reasonably suspect any unlawful use of our the Service or a security breach or we have a legal duty or right to do so. For the purposes of the GDPR, we act as “processor” for couriers and may process the Personal Information of customers on behalf of couriers in this capacity. Couriers are independent “controllers” of Personal Data – we do not control and are not responsible for the privacy practices of our couriers. We encourage customers to find out more and ask questions about the privacy practices of couriers before sharing Personal Data with them.
10. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that Personal Information collected is protected against loss and unauthorized access. Access to our customers’ Personal Information is restricted to selected Machool employees and contractors. While we use commercially reasonable efforts to limit access to our vehicles and premises to authorized personnel, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of information that is displayed on any shipment package or shipment label.
11. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain our customers’ Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. We do not store customer credit card information in any form. We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
12. DATA PROCESSING ADDENDUM
We offer a Data Processing Addendum for our couriers processing Personal Data on behalf of customers located in the EU/EEA and customers who are Swiss individuals. Please find the Data Processing Agreement request within our GDPR Compliance documentation to request and sign our Data Processing Addendum.
13. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES