A. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you interact with Machool through the Machool Services, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
2. Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with Machool through the Machool Services, Machool receives and stores certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. Machool may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Machool affiliates, agents, or service providers. Machool may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of users of Machool Services, the number of visitors to each page of Machool’s website, and the domain names of Visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
3. Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve users, Machool often conducts research on user demographics, interests, and behaviour based on the Personal Data and other information provided to Machool. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and Machool may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents, and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. Machool may also disclose aggregated user statistics to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
4. Location Information: Machool may collect and use your location information (for example, by using the location services on your mobile device) to provide certain functionality of the Machool Services, including facilitating Visitor registration for Business Customers. Your location information is not made available to other users without your express permission. Machool may also use your location information in an aggregate way, as described above in the “Aggregated Personal Data” section.
B. USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION
2. If you provide Personal Data for a certain reason, Machool may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact Machool by email, Machool will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem. Also, if you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to the Machool Services, Machool will use your Personal Data to provide you with such access and to monitor your use of such Machool Services.
3. Machool and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the “Related Companies”) may also use your Personal Data and other personally non-identifiable information collected to help Machool improve the content and functionality of the Machool Services, to better understand Machool’s users and to improve the Machool Services. Machool and its affiliates may use this information to contact you in the future to tell you about services Machool believes will be of interest to you. If Machool does so, each marketing communication Machool sends you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from Machool’s mailing lists, please contact Machool as indicated below.
4. As described above, Machool and the uVisit technology provides Visitor registration services to its Business Customers. In connection with the Machool Services, Business Customers may electronically submit to Machool data or information they possess about their Visitors (collectively, “Business Customer Data”) for hosting and processing purposes in connection with the Machool Services. Machool only uses Business Customer Data per the terms of Machool’s relevant agreement(s) with Business Customers, or as may be required by law.
C. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION
1. Machool is not in the business of selling your information. Machool considers this information to be a vital part of Machool’s relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which Machool may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
(a) Business Transfers: As Machool’s business develops, Machool might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
(c) Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Machool, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When Machool employs another entity to perform a function of this nature, Machool only provides them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
(d) Legal Requirements: Machool may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect or defend the rights or property of Machool or others, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Machool’s users or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
D. VISITOR CHOICE
1. You cannot use the Machool Services without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not use the Machool Services.
E. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
1. Machool takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Machool Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to Machool via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Machool via the Internet.
F. UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Machool does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Data.
J. CONTACT INFORMATION
Machool Technologies Ltd.
110 – 328 W Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC. V6B 1K6
Last updated on September 18, 2017.